A Guide to Seasonal Colour - A Summer Palette | July 10th
This online natural dye workshop is a celebration of the colours available to us through the warmer months of Summer.
During this 2.5 hr workshop, I will be talking about what colours are available at the moment & demonstrating how to extract colours from a wide range of plants. I will show you how to extract colour & naturally dye both fibre types (animal & plant fibre) to create a warm seasonal palette of beautiful Summer tones.
I will also provide a list of plants that you can forage & gather at the moment. You can choose to follow alongside me from the comfort of your home or sit back & watch while I demonstrate, learning in whatever way works best for you.
I am also offering an optional natural dye kit that can be used in conjunction with this workshop containing everything you need to prepare and mordant your fibres beforehand. This workshop will cover:
- A seasonal palette of colour
- How to prepare these plants for dye
- Creating dye baths
- Extracting dye
- Dyeing your fibres
- Expanding your palette
- Washing + Aftercare
- Q & A after the demonstration.
Dye Kit contains:
- Wooden Spoon
- Alum, Soda Ash & Tannin Powder
- Irish Linen & Donegal Aran Wool
- Cotton Paper Japanese Notebook
- 12-page Booklet: with clear instructions on how to scour, mordant & dye natural fibres.
Dye kits will only be available until the 25th of June in order to guarantee delivery in time for the workshop.
This workshop is best suited to those who have some previous/basic experience or understanding of the process of natural dyeing.
- Beginners who have been experimenting with some dye plants.
- Those with a basic understanding of scouring & mordanting.
- Those who have taken my introduction to natural dyeing workshop or live class.
- Those interested in learning how to dye clothes naturally
- Anyone interested in learning about seasonal botanical colour.
You will receive a link with access before the workshop with a reminder closer to the event. You don't need to install or download any software to join or rewatch.
If you would like to join in this workshop but are unsure of your time commitments on the day, once you register & the class is live you will be able to access, watch & replay for a month after the event. If you can't make it to Saturdays live class you can still listen & learn when it's convenient for you.
I am based in Dublin, Ireland & I will be hosting this workshop at 2 pm Dublin time, so please be sure to check the corresponding time in your locality.
Date | Saturday, 10th July 2 pm - 4:30 pm
Cost | €90
If you have any questions about this event, please don't hesitate to get in touch.