Natural Dye Kit With Un-Dyed Wool: For Dyeing Animal Fibres
This kit contains everything you need to get started with naturally dyeing animal-based fibres. As animal fibres have to be prepared for dyeing using different ingredients & methods to plant fibres, this kit is designed to guide you through the process in the simplest way possible.
The kit contains 4 balls of Donegal Aran wool along with a mordant (magic ingredient to help the dye bind to the fibre) & clear instructions to help you get started with scouring, mordanting & dyeing all animal fibres such as wool, cashmere, silk etc.
THIS KIT CONTAINS:
- 50g Alum
- Wooden Spoon
- 4 x 50g Balls of Donegal Aran Wool - 100% Wool
- 48-page Cotton Paper Japanese Notebook + Pencil
- 12-page booklet with clear instructions on how to scour, mordant & dye animal fibres.
- This kit will scour and mordant up to 500g of animal fibre.
- Safety card
- Organic cotton drawstring bag
If you would like to work with plant fibres such as linen, cotton or hemp, please see our plant-based fibre kits.